NYC & COMPANY INVITES VISITORS TO EXPERIENCE NEW YORK CITY ON MOTHER’S DAY
NYC & COMPANY INVITES VISITORS TO
EXPERIENCE NEW YORK CITY
ON MOTHER’S DAY
—Hotels, Museums and Attractions Offer Activities For the
Whole Family to Enjoy in the Five Boroughs—
New York City (April 29, 2014) — NYC & Company, the City’s official marketing, tourism and partnership organization, is encouraging locals and visitors to spend their Mother’s Day weekend in New York City. With an array of events, hotel packages and activities on offer throughout the five boroughs, visitors looking to pamper their mother will find plenty to do. Mother’s Day Sunday, May 11, is also an ideal opportunity to embrace Sunday Night Stays, a NYC & Company program offering visitors access to many of the City’s amenities without the hectic pace that characterizes other days of the week. In addition, visitors staying overnight on a Sunday evening can typically save up to 15 to 20 percent on hotel room rates; they can also see select Broadway and Off-Broadway shows on a Sunday and access various dining offers.
“With special hotel packages, dining options and cultural attractions, New York City is an ideal backdrop to make Mom feel special,” said Fred Dixon, President and CEO of NYC & Company. “NYC & Company’s Sunday Night Stays program also allows visitors and locals to enjoy a luxurious Mother’s Day weekend without breaking the bank.”
Spoil Mom in the five boroughs this Mother’s Day, with one of the following packages or events:
- SoHo’s Crosby Street Hotel celebrates Mother’s Day on May 11 with a three-course brunch and private screening of Oscar-nominated drama ‘August: Osage County.’ For reservations and more information, call (212) 226-6400 (firmdalehotels.com).
- Grand Hyatt New York offers a ‘Treat Mom Like a Queen’ package, complete with full breakfast for two, one 65-minute in-room massage, and late checkout of 1pm. Offer available through May 12 (nycgo.com/deals).
- Bring the whole family together at The James New York, with a Private Penthouse Dinner for up to 10 people on May 11, with an exclusive menu created by celebrity chef David Burke (jameshotels.com).
- Mandarin Oriental, New York offers two ways to celebrate Mother’s Day this year, with a special weekend brunch at Asiate and a restorative Repose half-day program at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, New York. For bookings, call (212) 805-8880 (mandarinoriental.com).
- Le Parker Meridien offers an Underground Pampering Package this Mother’s Day, which includes one-day use of Gravity Fitness and the rooftop pool, a 60-minute massage or facial at Moonshine, one blowout at Drybar, a manicure, and lunch from Petit BlueDog Café (parkermeridien.com).
- Kids can show Mom just how much they love her by creating special gifts at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan (Ages 4 and under) and the Brooklyn Children’s Museum (Ages 5 and under) on May 11 (cmom.org; brooklynkids.org).
- How Sweet It Is takes place on Mother’s Day at the Museum of Jewish Heritage, with a chocolate tasting and presentation by Rabbi Deborah R. Prinz, author of On the Chocolate Trail: A Delicious Adventure Connecting Jews, Religions, History, Travel, Rituals and Recipes to the Magic of Cacao (mjhnyc.org).
- This Mother’s Day, the New York Hall of Science presents Broadway’s Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella, with two performances by Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother (nysci.org).
- History buffs can celebrate Mother’s Day at the Alice Austen House, which hosts its annual Mother’s Day Arts and Craft Fair on May 9-11, with local vendors selling unique handmade jewelry, ceramics, illustrations, and more (aliceausten.org).
- Central Park Zoo is hosting a family party in honor of Mother’s Day, where visitors will meet a variety of zoo animal moms and their babies, with a scavenger hunt and animal feeding. Kids can also make a Mother’s Day craft and enjoy some treats (Ages 3-10) (tickets.wcs.org).
- On May 11, The Mets play the Phillies at Citi Field, where moms can receive a handful of perks, including t-shirts and an opportunity to run the bases following the game (newyork.mets.mlb.com).
- Enjoy Mother’s Day weekend outdoors. The New York Botanical Garden celebrates on Daffodil Hill, with a garden party for the whole family (nybg.org).
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Gardens hosts a Driving Miss Daisy themed Mother’s Day weekend, with performances by the Harbor Lights Theater Company from May 9-18 and an antique car display (snug-harbor.org).
- Historic Wave Hill in the Bronx honors moms with a Family Art Project (May 10-11) and Mother’s Day Brunch in Wave Hill House’s Armor Hall on May 11 (wavehill.org).
To access more information about NYC & Company’s Sunday Night Stays, go to nycgo.com/sundaynightstays. To book accommodations, go to nycgo.com/hotels to access reservations through Booking.com.
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For all there is to do and see in NYC, visit nycgo.com.