by NYC Editor, 10/17/2008
PR: Paint the Town 2007Contacts: Kimberly Spell, NYC & Company, 212-484-1247, email@example.com
NEW YORK CITY'S "PAINT THE TOWN"
More than 300 Offers and Discounts Throughout the Five Boroughs
PROMOTION BIGGEST EVER
Make for a Winter Wonderland of Travel and Tourism Bargains
New York, NY (January 10, 2007) – “Paint The Town,” New York City’s annual winter travel savings promotion, is once again underway in the Big Apple, now through February 28, 2007, presented by American Express, American Airlines, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and I Love NY. This year’s promotion is the biggest ever, with more than 300 special offers and exclusive discounts throughout the city when paying exclusively with the American Express® Card.
“Tourism is incredibly important to the city’s economy, as well as for all the people who make their living in the hospitality industry,” said NYC & Company Chairman Jonathan Tisch. “Coming off a record-breaking year in tourism in 2006 – and with more than 44 million projected visitors to the five boroughs in 2007 – we are well on our way to achieving Mayor Bloomberg’s mandate of attracting 50 million visitors to New York by 2015.”
Produced by NYC & Company, “Paint The Town” makes it easy and affordable to plan an exciting urban getaway in the world’s greatest city. This year’s program is complemented by a pocket-sized guide with special discounts citywide on shopping, hotel stays, dining, museums, theaters, tours, nightlife, attractions, culture, services and more.
“We’re excited to once again partner with the City of New York and NYC & Company on this incredible project,” said Dionne Rogers, Vice President, American Express Establishment Services. “Paint the Town truly embraces the spirit of New York with something for everyone – whether families looking for a quick getaway, international visitors seeking the best of fashion and hospitality or those of us who call New York home interested in a great night out.”
By presenting the Paint The Town Card and paying with an American Express Card, New Yorkers and visitors can enjoy special savings and create flexible, individual itineraries:
- Art lovers can see classic and contemporary art at special admission prices at the American Folk Art Museum, Brooklyn Museum, The Frick Collection, Staten Island Museum, Whitney Museum of American Art and more.
- Enjoy discounts at the best in entertainment and nightlife. Check out Gotham Comedy Club, Jazz Standard, S.O.B.’s (Sounds of Brazil) and more.
- Plan a New York City getaway with the Third Night program, which offers complimentary third-night accommodations at 10 luxury hotels in New York City including: The London NYC, The New York Palace, St. Regis and more.
- You can take advantage of special rates from a variety of hotels including: Blue Moon Hotel, Courtyard New York/Upper East Side, Grand Union Hotel, New York Marriott at The Brooklyn Bridge, Waldorf=Astoria and more.
- New York City is the shopping capital of the world. Make sure to take advantage of the discounts at Books of Wonder, Macy’s Herald Square, Matinee-New York and more.
- New York City dining is the most diverse and delicious in the world. Among New York’s amazing and unique restaurants offering discounts are ALEO Restaurant, Ben’s Kosher Delicatessen, Churrascaria Plataforma, Havana Central (in Times Square, Union Square and Uptown) and more.
- Dozens of specially priced tours await you, including: NY Waterway Tours, Timeline Touring, Walkin’ Broadway, Watson Adventures Scavenger Hunts and more.
- No trip to New York is complete without going to the theater or seeing a dance performance, and there are many discounted productions to choose from including: “The Apple Tree” presented by the Roundabout Theatre Company, Dance Brazil at the Joyce Theater, “Murdered By The Mob” Interactive Mystery Dinner Theater, “Spamalot,” winner of the 2005 Tony for Best Musical and more.
- Enjoy special savings at New York City attractions including the world famous Empire State Building, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Top of the Rock Observation Deck and more.
For information about Paint The Town or to receive your free copy of the Paint The Town guide detailing do-it-yourself savings throughout the city, call 800/NYC-GUIDE in the U.S. and Canada or go to www.nycvisit.com/paintto download a Paint The Town savings card. Information is also available at New York City’s Official Visitor Information Center at 810 Seventh Avenue at 53rd Street or at the kiosks located at the Apollo Theater in Harlem at 253 W. 125th Street, in Lower Manhattan at City Hall Park, at Federal Hall located at 26 Wall Street and in Chinatown at the triangle where Canal, Walker and Baxter Streets meet.
About NYC & Company:
Newly appointed CEO George Fertitta has combined the formerly separate entities of NYC Marketing, NYC Big Events and NYC & Company under one banner – while keeping the NYC & Company name – creating the world’s leading organization dedicated to building New York City’s economy and positive image through tourism, marketing, events and convention development. Primary among Fertitta’s many objectives: to achieve Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s stated goal of attracting 50 million visitors to New York City by 2015. For more information go to nycvisit.com or call 212-484-1222.
# # #
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide.